Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fedora Hats

Can we talk hats?  This is an accessory that I know people are somewhat scared of.  When my husband and I were first married, he let me know that hats were not his favorite in general, but that they also weren't his favorite on me.  Me being the loving, supportive wife that I am, told him that I would wear them if I wanted to ;-) (I didn't say who I was supportive of.... a girl can be supportive of herself!)

 But when you don't like to wash your hair every day and you have to have a daughter at school at 8:30 am and it is almost 30 minutes away, hats quickly become your best friend!

I had been wanting to try out some new hats and decided to get on eBay to see what I could find for cheap before I committed lots of money to something I wasn't sure I would like..... I got on and found these for a whole whopping $3 each!  They were a steal and I couldn't decide on the color, so I bought 2.

Here is my first outfit with the darker hat.

 I paired it with a rust colored Mak cardigan that can be purchased here, a textured wheat colored wrap shirt that I bought in Mexico, dark skinny jeans from Forever 21 and my comfy slip on gold flats.



 I do like how it all works together with my hair being really full here.  The hats don't look quite as great when my hair is flatter as you will see in the next outfit.

In this outfit I am sporting the lighter tan hat.  I chose to pair it with my all brown leopard tank, long sleeve V-neck wheat shirt, my brown corduroy jacket, dark skinnies again that are from Forever 21 ( I seriously LOVE their skinny jeans, if you haven't bought any, I highly recommend them!  They are only approximately $10 and are stretchy and oh so comfy).  These boots are from Zulily and my boot cuffs once again.




 and can I just say how happy I am that I chose to keep this necklace!  I really do wish that I could get these beads to make it for other people because it is SUCH a staple for me, but they have not gotten anymore of them in any where, so I will continue the hunt.... but I do have a similar one for sale here that would make a great staple piece!

But you can see how my hair is more flat in these second pictures and the hat doesn't work quite as well, but I do still really love these hats and feel like they take me out of the box that much more... and I do love being outside of the box when it comes to fashion ;-)  So tell me, do you love hats?  Are you willing to try them out?  I think it is worth $3 to see if you could pull this look off.  I am sure glad that I tried it out and now I am hooked!

Happy Hat Fashion Everyone!

Lindsi Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment