Monday, November 10, 2014

Casual Orange OOTD

     In case you didn't know already, I am a mom to 3 little girls that are now 6, 4 and 3.  My 6 year old goes to a private school that is about 15 minutes away and my 4 year old is in a preschool closer to home and they go to school on the same days, so I am doing a ton of running back and forth on those 2 days, which often means that I am wanting a comfortable, casual outfit, but I want it to still be very stylish.  Last week, I came up with this outfit that I really quite loved!

 I paired this long, patterned top that I bought off of a local Yardsale FB page (I believe it was originally from Target), with this orange cardigan that was a fabulous find from Zulily for maybe $8, long sleeved brown undershirt (another FB Yardsale find).  The jeans were another Yardsale find that were featured in this post with the marker stitching.  The boots were another Zulily find (seriously, I have a Zulily addiction and had to ban myself from getting on there for a while!), but this style of boot is fairly common and here is a similar one on Overstock.  The boot cuffs are another custom make from the local girl.

 The necklace was a creation that I made about a month ago and just could not let it go.  I was so in love with it, that I decided that it was just going straight into my closet, and I am so glad that I did!  This gets a TON of use and seriously, I need to keep more of my own pieces!  I don't have hardly any necklaces of mine, so I need to collect more of them.

 So here is a confession about a lot of the earrings that I own of my own creations.... Wire earrings are a bit of a challenge to make, then when you have to recreate a second one to be the exact same, I have been known to finish the second earring, just to realize that one is bigger than the other... SO, I usually keep those that I "mess" up... sometimes I create them just for me, but some of them are pairs that didn't live up to my selling quality and this was one of those pairs.  One of the earrings was bigger than the other, but when on my ears away from each other, no one ever notices, but these area a fabulous rich, bright mustard yellow and are a great pair to have.

Now I am excited to share with you these cuffs.... and No I did not make them, but a friend of mine did.  My friend Cathy is an incredible artist in creating these leather cuffs.  I have 6 I believe and I often will pair 1 with one of my bracelets and I love the combination.  If you are interested in seeing more of her creations, you can contact her via email at Candr123@hotmail.com.  You will be seeing more of her amazing creations on my wrists in future posts ;-)


So there it is all together.  Some great colors for the fall and I love the layers.  This time of year is the because of I SO love my layers!  The more, the better for me :-)

Share your comments, I LOVE hearing you!

Lindsi Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment