Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Corduroy Jacket Dye

I bought this jacket on my local FB Yard Sale page back last fall for $1.  In the picture, it looked tan.  When I arrived to pick it up, I wasn't happy about the color, but bought it anyway.  
I tried giving it a dirty dye bath, but that still didn't give the color I wanted
SO, I went with a brighter color by giving it a bath in some Kelly Green dye.  The color took beautifully & I am happy with the way it turned out.
Here I have it paired with jeans, a tank I got from a friend, shoes & brown cuff from the FB Yard Sale page for $3 each. The other bracelet is a coil one I made.  A very inexpensive outfit, even though I have quite a bit on..... LOVE creating outfits on a budget!

5 comments:

  1. cute. looks great.
    you're inspiring me. I've got a cream lace jacket... not sure if it's quite me.. so am thinking of changing its colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you find that you have to wash your dyed items individually into perpetuity? Or just once or twice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wash all of my personal clothes on a hand wash cycle and lay to dry. I have dyed enough that I do a load of similarly dyed clothes and then lay to dry. By doing this, I haven't had a problem.

      Delete
  3. I am really happy Because i read this post " Patients Crossing Oceans" there have more information sharing with us and I hope update more important information here next future . Thanks
    Corduroy Jackets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really nice idea. I think it would be helpful for all. Thank you for sharing with us.Corduroy Jackets

    ReplyDelete