Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Denim Bleach

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!  I headed up to our cabin with my family and while up there, I worked on a project I hope to finish and have posted this week, so stayed tuned ;-)

I purchased these denim leggings from Forever 21 last year.  I wore them quite a few times, but decided that the color was just way too saturated for me and needed to be a lighter color.  They really were almost a black/blue denim.
 I decided to throw them in my washing machine on the soak cycle with about a 1/3-1/2 cup of bleach to see what would happen.
To my surprise, they turned out this awesome blue color, which I then dipped into a tan dye just to give them a bit of dirty affect.
 Here is the Before and After
and today I paired them in a casual look as it was my 2 older girls first day of preschool and there was going to be lots of running around, as well as my 2 year old burned the bottom of her foot this weekend and got the biggest blister I have ever seen, which means I am carrying her everywhere.
I needed to be comfortable to do all of the running around and all of the carrying that needed to be done with my 3 little girls.  I am extremely big on the fact that you can still be a mommy-on-the-go and dress in cute, comfortable clothes that are not work out or lounge clothes.  
Not only am I really big on making things work, but I am really big on thrifting also.  This cardigan I purchased on my local Facebook Yard Sale page for $5 and then dunk it in a dirty tan dye to take out the white, my white shirt also got a tan dye and the necklace I am wearing was given to me by a sweet friend who knew I would love it.  The green braided cuff was a make a while ago out of the sleeves of a shirt I cut up and the wood cuff I I bought on ebay for $3.  I love creating outfits on little money and making things work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment