Friday, September 13, 2013

Sweater Cut Off

I don't know about you, but on occasion, I have clothing items that I LOVE, but there is something off & it doesn't feel right when on .  This sweater is one of those items for me.  It is this GORGEOUS rich purple that I love the color of along with the pattern, but the length always drove me batty and made me feel extremely frumpy. 
 When I put it on, it hit me mid thigh and I didn't like how it looked on me.

 I had the idea that I would hem it so that I could keep the ribbed edge on the bottom, but when I went to go line it all up and pin it, I saw that the bottom was wider than the upper part where I wanted the bottom to be... so.......


 I just laid it down on my cutting mat and cut a straight edge where I wanted the edge to be.  I then went on my sewing machine and sewed a zigzag edge to help prevent fraying and the sweater to come unraveled.


I actually quite like the raw edge look in general and this one didn't disappoint.  It gave a bit of a ruffled look and I like how easy and fast it was.


 I have wanted to cut this shorter for quite some time and I am glad I finally took the time to do it.  This will be a great sweater to wear this fall.  I bought the sweater about 2 years ago, but didn't wear it last year because of how frumpy I felt in it when it was long.

Here I have it paired with my favorite simple knee high boots, simple stretchy skinny jeans from Forever 21, favorite chunky belt, lots of bracelets/bangles that I got from other people and a fun accent green shirt underneath for a pop.

I have many more sewing/cutting projects to come.  We cover it all on this blog ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment